Reswitched Weekly 3
Hello and welcome to Reswitched Weekly, a weekly summary of the progress made by the reswitched team and wider community around homebrew development for the Nintendo Switch.
This week, some more attention was given to C++ support and pthread.
What people are working on
- @dvdfreitag managed to compile libcxx, libcxxabi and libunwind for the Nintendo Switch. C++ support is almost palpable.
- @TurtleP started porting LovePotion to the Nintendo Switch. LovePotion allows writing games using a simple lua API.
- @roblabla spent his week fighting bugs in his pthread port.
- @misson20000 is still working on getting framebuffer support into libtransistor.
- @Pokemod97 is writing a tutorial on setting up a proper development environment for libtransistor. Stay tuned !
Call for participation
Lots of things could be implemented properly into libtransistor/newlib without much more reverse-engineering. If you’re a developer and want to give a hand, make sure to hop on Discord so we can coordinate work.
Things that need work on :
- Thread Local Storage, by implementing emutls.
- Implementing more services into libtransistor.
- Port some apps, like micropython, and make sure they work !
- Documentation ! We have lots of moving parts that aren’t properly documented.
Setting up doxygen for
libtransistorwould be a huge first step towards fixing this. Writing some documentation for toolchain setup and
ace_loaderusage would be awesome too.